Banana PancakesBy Mable Tan • Nov 30th, 2008 • Category: Desserts
time to hit the snooze button and allow yourself to sleep in.
time to enjoy the sun and breeze in your hair while you stroll to the milk bar for the Sunday’s newspaper.
time for a cup of coffee while you read the funnies.
time for soft and fluffy banana pancakes!
Happy Sunday and enjoy your pancakes!
“Well can’t you see that it’s just raining
there ain’t no need to go outside…
But baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you
This song is meant to keep ya
from doing what you’re supposed to
Like waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
I’ll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now”
- Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
Banana Pancakes ( serves 2 )
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of yogurt
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 80g butter
- 1 large banana or 2 medium size ones, sliced
- Sift flour and bi-carb soda into a large bowl. Add sugar and stir until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix then add milk, yogurt and egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Melt butter then pour 1/2 cup of batter into pan. Cook for 1 minute and then place a few slices of banana on it. Let it cook for a further 1 minute before turning over.
- Cook for a further minute or until pancakes are cooked through. Serve with extra banana slices and maple syrup.
Not bananas over bananas?
Then make plain pancakes and serve with smoked salmon with cream cheese, bacon and creamy scrambled eggs, blanched asparagus and shaved parmesan cheese, mushroom with sour cream and chives.
No related posts.